Benefits of Coffee
People use coffee as a wake-me-up drink first thing in the morning. It provides a burst of energy during the day and works as a go-drink after a stressful workday. Avid coffee drinkers will already be aware of its multiple benefits, however, here they are for good measure –
- It is a natural antioxidant, good for the body.
- It is good for the liver with some studies indicating that 1 cup of coffee a day reduces the risk of liver cirrhosis by up to 20%.
- It helps with brain function. It helps improve logical reasoning, alertness, and decreases reaction time.
- The aroma of freshly brewed coffee helps in stress relief.
Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD oil is among many different organic Cannabinoid compounds in the hemp plant. CBD is known to have several benefits including –
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD provides natural relief from discomfort. It helps relieve joint pain and stiffness and general body pain.
- CBD is an organic stress reliever caused by panic, general stress, or OCD.
- CBD helps with headaches and migraines.
- Insomniacs get relief when using CBD as it helps regulate the body’s sleeping habits and improves REM sleep.
What Happens When Coffee is Combined with CBD Oil?
What you get when you mix coffee with CBD oil is a great morning drink that sets up your body and mind for the whole day. When the two are combined, users get the best of both worlds –
- An energy boost while decreasing stress. CBD oil relieves stress while coffee adds a boost to your mood.
- CBD oil and coffee both act as mood enhancers by increasing serotonin levels, also known as the ‘happy hormone.’
- CBD oil and coffee have powerful antioxidant properties.
- They help in brain function. CBD oil protects neurons in the brain from degeneration while coffee increases brain function.
Recipe – CBD Peppermint Latte
With CBD peppermint latte frothy, velvety milk meets the sharpness of espresso, with mild undertones of chocolate and a light touch of peppermint flavor to provoke memories of candy canes and Christmas presents.
The combined flavor is delicious to the tongue and the added medicinal benefits make it even better for the body.
This simple and quick recipe takes just 5 minutes to put together.
- 1 cup of milk (unsweetened, non-dairy if you prefer).
- 1.5 ounces of hot espresso. Alternatively, you can use 3 tablespoons of strongly brewed coffee.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (can be vegan if preferable).
- ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 dropper CBD oil
- Cocoa powder for garnishing (optional)
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Gently heat the milk till hot enough to comfortably hold your finger in the milk for a couple of seconds. Alternatively, you can also choose to warm the milk in a microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Use an accelerator or a blender to whisk.
- Add in the chocolate syrup, CBD oil, espresso, or strongly brewed coffee and peppermint extract. Be sure to continue whisking the milk so that all the ingredients are combined well.
- Garnish with a light sprinkle of cocoa powder. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be increased to put together a treat for a larger crowd. However, ensure that the mixture is whisked thoroughly with the added volume of ingredients to ensure that the drink is flavored evenly.
You can also completely skip the CBD oil if all you want is an energizing cup of hot coffee to counter a cold winter day.
CBD products that are derived from Hemp and contain less than the prescribed .3 percent of THC are legal per federal law. However, certain state laws may still deem it illegal.
CBD products that are derived from Marijuana are illegal per federal law but remain legal under the laws of certain states.
It is advisable to check the appropriate state laws in case of travel. It is important to note that over-the-counter CBD products are not approved by the FDA.