We bet you have heard of overnight oats – A tasty and healthy serving of porridge but minus the cooking. As the name suggests you simply toss a serving of oats into a liquid of your choosing and pop it in the fridge overnight. The oats absorb the moisture from the liquid and in the morning you have an effortless bowl of porridge to dig into.
You can either eat it cold straight out of the fridge or heat it up. It tastes great either way. If you like to add a bit of flavor to your overnight oats, you can try this CBD-infused recipe for overnight oats that tastes similar to yummy carrot cake.
Serving Size – 2
- 1 ¼ cup milk (you can use almond milk if you want a dairy free alternative)
- 1 cup steel rolled oats
- ½ cup finely grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- CBD oil as directed on the packaging or as per your dosage
- Mix the oats, carrot, allspice, cinnamon, raisins, and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and CBD oil, and mix the whole mixture together again.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 2 hours.
- You can choose to garnish with pecans and Greek yogurt and serve.
CBD products that are derived from Hemp and contain less than the prescribed .3 percent of THC are legal per federal law. However, certain state laws may still deem it illegal.
CBD products that are derived from Marijuana are illegal per federal law but remain legal under the laws of certain states.
It is advisable to check the appropriate state laws in case of travel. It is important to note that over-the-counter CBD products are not approved by the FDA.