Peppermint is an extremely versatile hybrid mint. Peppermint can be used in homemade drinks, body mists, bathwater, sweets, desserts, and ice creams – Mint chip ice cream seems to be everyone’s favorite.
These CBD-infused peppermint chocolate cups are vegan mint cups with a layer of dark chocolate at the bottom. At the top is a layer of vanilla mint white chocolate with a hint of CBD oil.
Benefits of CBD
Users turn to CBD to help with sleep, calm nerves, get relief from pain, assist with inflammation, decrease depression, relieve nausea, etc. Users that are new to CBD oil should know that it does not contain THC – the compound responsible for the psychoactive effects associated with marijuana use.
CBD is available in many forms and not just oils. You can get CBD capsules and tablets, ointments, creams, smokables, gummies, candies, etc.
Recipe – CBD-Infused Peppermint Chocolate Cups
The peppermint in this recipe makes for an extremely refreshing snack, especially during the summer months. The dark chocolate at the bottom and the white chocolate at the top is aesthetically pleasing to look at. The CBD-Infused Peppermint Chocolate Cups melt in the mouth and provide the exact kind of chocolate fix needed after a trying day.
Serving Size – 6 cups
For the chocolate –
¾ cup vegan dark chocolate chopped chocolate. Alternatively, you can also use vegan dark chocolate chips.
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon CBD oil (this is optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract. You can also choose to use peppermint flavored CBD oil instead of the extract. Remember to replace this with the CBD oil listed above.
- ¼ teaspoon matcha powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- Melt the dark chocolate until smooth
- Transfer a bit of the dark chocolate into 6 molds. Remember to divide the dark chocolate evenly between all the molds.
- Mix the cashew butter, cacao butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Heat and mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the matcha powder, CBD oil, and mix until completely blended.
- Pour this mixture into the molds over the layer of dark chocolate.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set. This should take about 20-30 minutes.
CBD products that are derived from Hemp and contain less than the prescribed .3 percent of THC are legal per federal law. However, certain state laws may still deem it illegal.
CBD products that are derived from Marijuana are illegal per federal law but remain legal under the laws of certain states.
It is advisable to check the appropriate state laws in case of travel. It is important to note that over-the-counter CBD products are not approved by the FDA.